WHAT WE DO
- Drafting of contracts of employment, consultancy and provision of services
- Liaison and advice to human resources experts and employers on employee entitlements, interpretation of contracts, industrial relation obligations, redundancy, reorganisation, unfair dismissal and unlawful dismissal
- Intervention in employment, industrial and workplace disputes to assist in the negotiation of effective and fair settlements
- Litigation to pursue and enforce clients' rights, and industrial and contractual obligations
- Issues of equal opportunity, discrimination and sexual harassment
Employment law in Australia is extensively covered by Fair Work Australia legislation and state laws on holidays and long service leave.
Employment agreements need to ensure that they comply with legislation on all matters including provisions for termination of employment, redundancy and pay out of accumulated holiday pay and long service leave.
Particular care needs to be taken to allow for termination for serious and wilful misconduct.
Employers need to take care before issuing employment agreements, including letter of offer of employment.
Employees need to take care that they understand and agree to conditions of employment, including possible termination before signing up to those conditions.
Our role is to ensure compliance of our clients with their legal obligations and where necessary, enforcing those obligations preventing expensive otherwise unforseen outcomes.